Information Technology | Fort Meade , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking an Operations Research Systems Analysis (ORSA) Analyst in Fort Meade, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Show creativity in the design and ability to identify, find, work with and/or develop advanced techniques.
- Develop creative solutions for problems of high complexity.
- Direct and provide quality assurance of complex problems carried out by a multi-person team.
- Challenge both the team and decision makers to ensure they understand the implications of their approach and recommended solutions.
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the ORSA profession. Identify hidden issues and unclear requirements.
- Provide guidance to resolve complex trade-off analysis.
- Understand and can explain the strengths and limitations to modeling and analysis techniques and help choose the appropriate techniques for a particular problem.
- Challenge the quality of data and can validate modeling results.
- Understand the basics of facilitation and can lead teams through the modeling and analysis process.
- Train/mentor others in the basics of modeling and analysis.
- Clarify distinctions and definitions, can detect and remove biases, and directs assessments around the main drivers of requirements identification and satisfaction, risk identification and mitigation, and effective communication of results.
- Create and apply the appropriate modeling and analysis techniques given a problem.
- Collect required data, elicit data for variables required, verify data appropriateness and accuracy, present findings and write/edit technical reports.
- Identify the steps needed to implement a course of action. Be open to learning and experimenting with innovations to analytic tools and methods.
- Demonstrate skills in analyzing intelligence and/or related information and technical data, documenting information and processes, interpreting analytical results, writing and editing skills at technical/professional level, and managing internal and external customer relations. Shall be an effective mentor and communicator.
- Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis.
- Develop and document advanced analytical methods (i.e. data mining, statistical analysis, and mathematical models) to improve analytic tradecraft .
- Apply decision analysis methods to evaluate analytic tools, data, and processes to determine their feasibility, usefulness and value, and present the results.
- Develop threat, risk and mitigation models.
- Develop framework for, and perform prioritization of, tools, data, and processes.
- Research and document process workflows and data flows.
- Perform resource allocation analysis Perform critical path analysis.
- Develop predictive analysis methods.
- Simulate the flow of data or events through analytic process workflows to identify process or resource constraints.
- Perform analytic tradecraft requirements collection and analysis.
- Facilitate decision making meetings and analytic exchanges.
- Participate in team building research efforts, and sharing of analytical techniques and research methodologies.
- Conduct analytic exchanges , organize data, and provide overall ORSA support to line, program, and task managers as well as associated technical directors.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Use rational, systematic, science-based techniques, advanced analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform and improve decision making and complex processes or systems.
- Working knowledge of ORSA concepts, analytic techniques, and methodologies such as: mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, simulation, stochastic-process models, expert systems, and decision analysis.
- Working knowledge of the characteristics of a learning organization to include systems thinking, personal mastery, mental models, shared vision, and team learning.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of ten (10) recent years of work experience in operations research systems analysis or a related field, or a combination of a minimum of seven (7) recent years of work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable (for example , math, science, computers, engineering) field.
- Work experience shall include seven (7) years of Intelligence Community or comparable experience in operations research systems analysis or a related field.
Requires an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com