Information Technology | Fort Meade , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Process Engineer in Fort Meade, MD.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Develop the plans for process assessments, both informal and formal.
- Work closely with the systems and software engineering process development team members to determine organizational readiness for assessment as well as in conducting assessments.
- Coordinate and schedule process assessments.
- Lead assessment teams in conducting both formal and informal assessments.
- Analyze assessment results and make improvement recommendations.
- Ensure assessment results and recommendations are used as the basis for improvement plans Assess Process Improvement progress and report findings.
- Evaluate Systems Engineering and Software Engineering processes to address problems with process workflows, organizational structure and alignment and planning.
- Assist in defining Process Improvement strategy and lesson learns.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops for Process Improvement activities.
- Lead Process Improvement effort utilizing CMM/CMMI or other similar process models.
- Assist in Enterprise level Systems and Software Engineering Process Improvement initiatives.
- Apply process improvement (PI), engineering methodologies, and principles to effectively improve and align.
- Enterprise level processes.
- Facilitate project teams in accomplishing project activities and objectives.
- Coordinate the transfer of new processes and practices to project teams by providing group facilitation, interviewing, training and additional forms of knowledge transfer.
- Act as a key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure Enterprise-wide integration of engineering efforts.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Overall, ten (10) years’ experience with systems engineering and/or software engineering on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Within the ten (10) years’ of work experience, two (2) years must be in performing process improvement (including the application of Lean Six Sigma methodologies) as well as two (2) years in the cybersecurity field. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or education from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional process improvement experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com