Radio Frequency (RF) Test Engineer (1257) | Oceanside, 92058, Oceanside, CA, US
Zapata Technology is seeking a person holding an active Secret clearance to become a Radio Frequency (RF) Test Engineer, at Camp Pendleton, CA. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
Position contingent upon contract award.
Will directly support MCTSSA’s testing of the Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV) program.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must have working knowledge and have provided technical support on Military Tactical Data Platforms
- Must be able to perform technical and requirements analysis to determine system interoperability and testability on mobile tactical systems.
- Must be able to develop test procedures for RF systems in order to evaluate system functionality, performance, and interoperability in accordance with the ARV requirements.
- Must be able to design, setup, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot RF systems and associated architectures that include, but are not limited to: Adaptive Networking Wideband Waveform (ANW2), Wideband High Frequency (HF) and Ultra High Frequency (UHF), to include Mobile User Objective Systems (MUOS) utilizing appropriate software including Communications Planning Application (CPA), Radio Programming Application (RPA), and Joint Enterprise Network Manager (JENM).
- Must be familiar with generating mission plans for the following DoD waveforms: Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS), ANW2, HF, Demand Assign Multiple Access (DAMA), Integrated Waveform (IW), MUOS, HAVEQUICK I/II, and Link-16.
- Must be able to operate Tactical Data Links to establish voice and data communication.
- Must be able to perform Simple Key Loader (SKL) and Tactical Key Loader (TKL) functions.
- Must be able to operate the Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR) and commercial GPS devices.
- Must be able to conduct radio frequency and antenna propagation measurements.
- Must have familiarity with collecting, archiving, and organizing test data.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience with tactical communications in a mobile environment while serving in the Marines is ideal.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with listed systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering from an accredited university, plus 5 years of relevant work experience.
- An additional 4 years may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use, frequently fast paced environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position. Extended hours and weekends to support end-users and urgent requirements may be necessary and on an as-needed basis
Up to 10%.
Requires an Active Secret clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.