REMOTE ETL Flow Engineer (Senior) 1213 | Augusta, 30901, Augusta, GA, US
This position is remote/work from home. The Senior Flow Engineer will design and develop modular ETL solutions and must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team. Referral Eligible!
- Maintain reference architecture and documentation for the purposes of architectural governance and application roadmap
- Assist data modeling, database design, ETL design, job scheduling and monitoring, etc.)
- Design and develop modular ETL solutions which ingest and deliver data from source systems to analytics platforms (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured; queue / batch and real-time)
- Conceptualize and build scalable, robust microservices using technologies like NiFi, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Map reduce
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must have experience in direct involvement with successful Apache Server data flow engineering at an operation level and experience in resolving various hardware and software functionality problems
- Experience leading a functional effort
- Specialized Agency Experience with Apache NiFi (Niagara Files) is preferred, and training will be required if that skillset is not already in your portfolio
- Direct and ongoing experience with Apache Server ETL methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience scripting methods in one or more: Groovy, Python, C, C++, Java, .NET, Bash, AWK
- Version control systems such as GIT or SVN
- Must have an IAT2 certification of Security+ CE or higher.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience using working with Microsoft Azure, including working within cloud-based virtual machines and utilizing web-based productivity (email, calendar, and Teams)
- Experience with government contracting accounting support
- Previous design and development within distributed data processing pipelines such as Big Data Platform (BDP) using Python, Java, Kafka, S3, AWS (C2S, AC2SP), etc.
- Microservice architectures and any of the following configuration management systems: Puppet, Ansible, Rancher, Kubernetes, Packer, Terraform, Kafka, NiFi
- Version control systems such as GIT
- 3 to 10 years of experience and a BA/BS
- 7 to 13 years of experience and an Associates Degree
- 9 to 16 years of experience
No direct supervision responsibilities. Will provide mentorship of Junior Flow Engineer(s)
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Employment is contingent on successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens. Must be willing to obtain a security clearance should compliance requirements require it.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans