REMOTE NoSQL DBA (1212) | Augusta, 30901, Augusta, GA, US
This position is remote/work from home. The NoSQL DBA will design and develop the storage and entity capability for a modular ETL solution which harvests, ingests, and streams data from source systems to analytics platforms (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured; queue / batch and real-time) using Neo4j and MongoDB for data storage and retrieval. Able to handle tasks in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team. Referral Eligible
- Will use MongoDB and Neo4j.
- Maintain documentation and update tasking documents.
- Create documentation of linkages between workflows, data, analytical models, and artifacts.
- Will need to switch between tasks in a seamless manner.
- Will be responsible for managing version control systems such as GIT or SVN.
- Implement data pipelines for event-based data replay and streaming, including micro-batch and batch-based data pipelines.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience with MongoDB and Neo4j.
- Specialized work experience in environments with Kafka, Groovy script.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level expertise creating data schemes for distributed pipelines to include ETL and streaming data such as log data or tool/sensor data.
- Experience evaluating new methodologies and technologies to meet requirements.
- Previous scripting experience in Groovy, Python, C, C++, Java, .NET, Bash, AWK needed.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience with design and implementing data visualizations. Experience with ELK stack preferred.
- Experience in a microservice based architecture, Docker Compose preferred.
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure).
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure, to include working within cloud-based virtual machines and utilizing web-based productivity (email, calendar, and Teams).
- Experience within distributed data processing pipelines such as Big Data Platform (BDP) using Python, Java, Kafka, S3, AWS (C2S, AC2SP), etc.
- Experience with AWS RDS, Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, S3 and other datastore cloud surrounding technologies.
- Experience with microservice architectures and any of the following configuration management systems: Puppet, Ansible, Rancher, Kubernetes, Packer, Terraform, and NiFi
- 3 to 10 years of experience and a BA/BS
- 7 to 13 years of experience and an Associates Degree
- 9 to 16 years of experience
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Less than 5%
Employment is contingent on successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens. Must be willing to obtain a security clearance should compliance requirements require it.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans