Information Technology | Arnold , MO , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer that will design, define system architecture for new or existing computer systems, performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Architect, build and maintain on premise and/or cloud infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives.
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost efficiencies/authentication/search, etc).
- Administer production, staging and development environments.
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage.
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools.
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation.
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing.
- Work with A&A Teams to maintain security requirements for operation of systems.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations.
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest.
- On-call support may be required.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure, Google, Rackspace.
- Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production cloud environment
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design.
- Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies.
- Must possess the abilities be innovative/creative in designing solutions while understand the enterprise impacts and overall scope.
- Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer’s change procedures.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised.
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team’s success.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Strong background in Unix, Linux, or Windows servers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Scripting/coding skills
- Linux/Windows image creation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ years experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com.