Information Technology | Springfield , VA , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a Senior Software Developer in Springfield, VA.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Develop and apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- Resolve highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conduct investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Factor emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serve as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- 10-15 years of related software development experience.
- Experience with Ruby, Python, Perl, AWS, Elastic/ELK, CHEF, ANSIBLE, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com