SBA 8(a) Case Number: 306789SBA 8(a)
Entrance Date: 07/10/2015
SBA 8(a) Exit Date: 08/19/2025
- 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- 334210 – Telephone Apparatus Manufacturing
- 334220 – Radio And Television Broadcasting And Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- 334511 – Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, And Nautical System And Instrument Manufacturing
- 336411 – Aircraft Manufacturing
- 336611 – Ship Building And Repairing
- 488190 – Other Support Activities For Air Transportation
- 488999 – All Other Support Activities For Transportation
- 541310 – Architectural Services
- 541330 – Engineering Services
- 541350 – Building Inspection Services
- 541360 – Geophysical Surveying And Mapping Services
- 541370 – Surveying And Mapping (Except Geophysical) Services
- 541380 – Testing Laboratories And Services
- 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
- 541611 – Administrative Management And General Management Consulting Services
- 541614 – Process, Physical Distribution, And Logistics Consulting Services 541618Other Management Consulting Services
- 541690 – Other Scientific And Technical Consulting Services
- 541715 – Research And Development In The Physical, Engineering, And Life Sciences (Except Nanotechnology And Biotechnology)
- 541720 – Research And Development In The Social Sciences And Humanities
- 541990 – All Other Professional, Scientific, And Technical Services
- 561210 – Facilities Support Services 561499All Other Business Support Services
- 561611 – Investigation And Personal Background Check Services
- 611310 – Colleges, Universities, And Professional Schools
- 611420 – Computer Training
- 611430 – Professional And Management Development Training
- 611512 – Flight Training
Zapata Technology’s SBA 8(a) POC
8a Direct Award/Sole Source Awards
- 8a participants can receive sole – source contracts, up to a ceiling of $4 million for goods and services and $6.5 million for manufacturing.
- Fast and simple procurement and operational execution
- Typically supports social-economical organizational goals
- Open negotiations which allows for seamless program integration
When a procuring activity contracting officer indicates his or her formal intent to award a procurement requirement, 13 CFR 124.502- 3 (c), as an 8(a) contract by submitting a written offering letter to SBA. The letter to SBA may by electronic mail or by facsimile, as well as by mail or commercial delivery service. An offering letter must contain the following information:
- A description of the work to be performed.
- The estimated period of performance.
- The SIC (NAICS) code that applies to the principal nature of the acquisition.
- The anticipated dollar value of the requirement, including options, if any.
- Any special restrictions or geographical limitations on the requirement.
- The location of the work to be performed for construction procurements.
- Any special capabilities or disciplines needed for contract performance.
- The type of contract to be awarded, such as Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, or Time & Materials.
- The acquisition history, if any, of the requirement. If no history, it must say “New” requirement.
- The names and addresses of any small business contractors that have performed on this requirement during the previous 24 months.
- A statement that prior to the offering, no solicitation for the specific acquisition has been issued as a small business set- aside, or as a small disadvantaged business set- aside, if applicable.
- And, that no public communication (such as FedBizOps) has been made showing the procuring activity’s clear intent to use any of these means of procurement.
- Identification of any specific participant that the procuring activity contracting officer nominates for an award of a sole source 8(a) contract.
- Bonding requirements, if applicable.
- Identification of all Participants that have expressed an interest in being considered for the acquisition.
- Identification of all SBA field offices, which have requested that the requirement be awarded through the 8(a) BD Program.
- A request, if appropriate, that a requirement whose estimated contract value is under the applicable competitive threshold, be awarded as an 8(a) competitive contract.
- Any other information that the procuring activity deems relevant or which SBA requests.