Software Engineer (0005) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
We have TWO positions for Software Engineer Level 2 with Windows Developer, C#, .Net, Visual Studio experience. Could you be the perfect candidate to snag one of the roles? If so, apply with us and check out our awesome benefits here.
Essential Job Functions:
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers.
- Analyze system flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource or interface constraints.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitory equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Approved Baseline Certification.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a Software Engineer in programs of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
Required Education/Skills Include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of additional Software Engineer experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS//SCI with Polygraph Required!
AAP/EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.