Software Engineer (1174) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems such as processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents tests results.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- The software engineer will analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to debug existing software and correct defects.
- Will provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Will be responsible for designing and coding software or modifying existing software into new or modified systems of operating environments.
- Must have the skills required to develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or repositories.
- No demonstrated experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; Four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans