Software Engineer (1183) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems such as processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents tests results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Will provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Will be responsible for designing and coding software or modifying existing software into new or modified systems of operating environments.
- Will actively work to assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Will work to modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- The software engineer will analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to debug existing software and correct defects.
- Must have the skills required to develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Qualified candidate will serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Must have the ability to design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Must have the skills required to develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Must have the knowledge to develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Must have the experience to design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Must have the ability to coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience in Computer Network Operations
- Experience in CNO environment (RAMPANTTORCH/SHADOWSCIENCE)
- One (1) year of experience in Information Technology
- Experience coding in Python (RAMPANTTORCH, 3 FTEs). Experience coding in Python (SHADOWSCIENCE, 4 FTEs)
- Three (3) years of experience in Service Industry
- User Interface Web Design and Usability Development
- Five (5) years of experience Software Database and Repository Interface Development.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans