Software Engineer (1188) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have the skills required to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Must be able to debug existing software and correct defects.
- Must have the knowledge to provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Must have the knowledge to design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Must be able to develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Must be able to assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Must be able to modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- No experience as a Software Engineer is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.