Software Engineer (1232) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design.
- Work with system engineers and hardware engineers.
- Knowledge to develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Ability to design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Ability to debug existing software and correct defects and integrate existing software.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process.
- Experience in designing/implementing complex database interfaces/queries.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Experience with software solutions by analyzing systems flow, data usage, work processes and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Perform quality control on team products.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans