Information Technology | Annapolis Junction , MD , US
- Zapata Technology is seeking a Software Engineer II in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Software Engineer will oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement simple and complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology.
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com