Information Technology | Annapolis Junction , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking an Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement simple and complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- REST Experience
- Software Engineer & DevOps Support.
- Assist development teams through the various stages of the system & software development lifecycle as well as collaborating with the government customer to define requirements, priorities, and strategic plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- General SE experience to include: requirement derivation & traceability, interface specification, system design and system test.
- Experience in application development/migration in cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types (e.g., ASDF, BLOODYMARY, TCLD…), protocols and policies.
- Agile development methodologies and experience with JIRA.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas and strategic plans at a low enough level to ensure developers understand specifically what they are building as well as being able to rollup ideas at a higher level to effectively communicate with customer leadership.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Preferred CE: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco IOS for LAN/WAN routers and switches.
- Cisco IOS for SAN fabric networking switches.
- Management of Cisco MDS SAN switches highly preferred.
- Cisco Fabric Manager experience a plus.
- Alter point, Solar Winds, or other network monitoring applications.
- Not required but helpful: Experience in application development/migration in cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types (e.g., ASDF, BLOODYMARY, TCLD…), protocols and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc).
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Requires TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com