Information Technology | Aberdeen Proving Ground , MD , US
This position will function as part of a skilled IT team to support the sustainment of DCGS-A SP1. Provides systems engineering support, and assists with the integration and configuration of updated capabilities and generation of service releases. Works independently and/or collectively with other engineers to identify and test potential patches and IA updates, and resolve technical issues. Installs and maintains DCGS-A hardware and software on multiple networks, and supports test/development lab infrastructure and planning.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Install, configure and administer DCGS-A systems (both hardware and software).
- Create and modify puppet, Powershell and other scripts to manage the installation and configuration of a large, virtualized system-of-systems with hundreds of applications.
- Provide systems engineering support, documenting aspects of system operation and technical issues. Update training material and installation guides.
- Work with cybersecurity team to identify and implement IA updates and security enhancements.
- Support the installation, management and networking of test and development systems in multiple classification enclaves.
- Support a DI2E based software build and release process (using Jenkins).
- Work with test and software teams to implement, configure and test new software versions.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience programming with scripting languages, such as Powershell, Python, perl, bash,.
- Ability to manage complex hardware (server, workstation, NetApp storage, switch) and software installations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, complex information in a clear, concise manner with co-workers, management, and the customer. The customer is located on-site and there will be a lot of customer interaction and engagement.
- VMWare, Linux and Windows system administration experience required.
- Security+ certification required within 3 months.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Military experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience preferred.
- Prior software development and database administration experience.
- DCGS-A administration experience preferred.
- DI2E environment (including JIRA and Confluence) experience preferred.
Preferred Education/Experience include:
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience.
- Or a Bachelor’s degree and 18 years of experience.
- Or 22 years of experience with no degree.
May be requested to work outside of normal business hours.
This position may require a 15% or greater travel requirement to Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
Requires an Active TS//SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com