System Admin USMC 0651, 0671, 5939 Expertise (1322) | Oceanside, 92058, Oceanside, CA, US
Salary Range $75,000 – $79,000
The A-MANPADS Administrator at the Marine Corps Tactical System Support Activity (MCTSSA), Warfighter Support Division (WSD) at Camp Pendleton will provide remote and onsite support to assist Fleet Marine Force (FMF) and other DoD agencies to configure, integrate, and resolve A-MADPADS issues to meet exercise and contingency operations needs in the CONUS and OCONUS regions.
Strong functional expertise in the USMC technical fields of 0651, 0671 or 5939 provide core experience to be successful in this position.
Operational System Background: The Advanced Man-Portable Air Defense System (A-MANPADS) provides close-in, low altitude, surface-to-air fires, and command and control in defense of the MAGTF vital areas. A-MANPADS consists of a Fire Unit Vehicle (FUV), Section Leader Vehicle (SLV), and the Stinger missile as the primary weapon system. The FUV is the mobile firing component of the GBAD system, with the capability to transport Stinger missiles and possessing a M240B/M2 machine gun. The SLV is the C2 component. Both the FUV and SLV will transition to the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) platform.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Marines to configure the AN/MSQ-145 Section Leader Vehicle (SLV). Configure JRE Server and client, and outline start-up and shut-down procedures.
- Establish Tactical Data Link and Tactical Data Message capabilities using AN/PRC-152A and AN/PRC-117G.
- Configure the Fire Unit Laptop (FUL) and Joint Range Extension (JRE) software.
- Load and view mission plans, Air Tasking Order (ATO), and Airspace Coordination Order (ACO).
- Program the Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR).
- Assist with cryptographic material.
- Introduce FMF to the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) and advances to emergent capabilities to achieve interdependence and operational effectiveness.
- Resolve complex systems issues related to system upgrades, configuration, and hardware issues.
- Provide remote support to the FMF on other Air C4-related systems such as GBAD, CAC2S, G/ATOR-(GB-1), MACCS, MAGTAB, and TBMCS using the proprietary solutions and ticket management system.
- Research questions using available information resources: technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages (FAMs), and internal approved knowledge base(s).
- Identify and elevate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Generate new KBAs within the Air C4 Portfolio.
- Create Tech Tube videos for the most common system issues within the portfolio.
- Coordinate travel arrangements to facilitate onsite support requests.
- Write after-action reports (AARs) to account for the support provided onsite.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Understand and troubleshoot basic computer configurations.
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals; OSI, and TCP/IP Models. Able to localize network connectivity issues, particularly when interfacing with external service providers (WAN). (CompTIA Net+ or equivalent desired)
- Can navigate, operate and troubleshoot Windows and Linux-based operating systems (CLI skills desired) to perform basic to advanced-level administrative tasks. (CompTIA A+ or equivalent desired)
- Familiar with Tactical Data Links (TDL), Link-16, JREAP, USMTF, VMF over various communication devices and mediums including HF, UHF, and TCP/IP connections.
- Experience with C2 display applications and operations desired; TACVIEW, JRE Client, AC2S TDF, or similar.
- Experience working with customers, addressing issues, and managing customer concerns and requests over the phone and/or in person.
- Strong listening, data entry, and documentation skills.
- Experience writing technical solutions and commercial knowledgebase articles.
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and consistent resolution of IT problems.
- Security + certification required.
5+ years of experience. Preference given to expertise in USMC technical fields of 0651, 0671 or 5939. There is no education degree requirement.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Travel up to 20%
Requires a current Secret Clearance and is TS/SCI eligible. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com