System Administrator (1164) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Support IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Responsible for Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Support the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Support the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems.
- Ability to aid users in accessing and using IT systems.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- In-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
- Ability to analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications, and software integration.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in Information Assurance: DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III is required.
- CISSP Certification is required.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans