System Engineer (1181) | Fort Meade, 20755, Ft. Meade, Fort Meade, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a System Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The Systems Engineer Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
- Will actively interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area – Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area – Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement; Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling)
- Process Area – Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area – Acquisition and Supply.
- Will routinely perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Will be required to assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Will be responsible for performing systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Must possess the ability to develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Must have the skillset to perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Must have the ability to independently analyze and recommend alternatives for elements of projects technical design.
A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus six (6) years of systems engineering experience
A High School Diploma or GED plus ten (10) years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area).
A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of systems engineering experience
A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of systems engineering experience.
Note 1 – Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
Note 2 – Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans