System Engineer (1258) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work and deliverables.
- Assist in development of sections of systems engineering documentation.
- Manage and assist with system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Design new capabilities.
- Assist in the development of system engineering documentation.
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration.
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets.
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
- Develop system design solution requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- Develop requirements for Information Assurance Basic, Information Assurance Mechanisms and Security Mechanism Technology.
- Planning and preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must be a team player.
- Anility to analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Ability to analyze system requirements, design, and development.
- Ability to assist users in formulating requirements, approaches, and feasibility.
- Ability to incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Ability to develop technical documentation.
- Ability to derive from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs.
- Ability to derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.