Information Technology | Fort Meade , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking an System Engineer in Fort Meade, MD.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations .
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derive from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable .
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.