Information Technology | Fort Meade , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking an Systems Data Modeler in Fort Meade, MD.
Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Collaborate with data source SMEs and Mission Owners to answer or document questions on structure, mission requirements and compliance concerns of the data flow and the data storage and representation in the corporate repositories.
- Has experience establishing and enforcing processes to ensure a consistent, well-managed, and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and support data warehousing requirements.
- Analyze and identify data and metadata requirements.
- Expertise in translating complex analytical and technical ideas info data and metadata objects which enables consistent querying and information retrieval.
- Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis.
- Research and document process workflows and data flows.
- Maintain data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for data domains and systems.
- Facilitate decision making meetings and analytic exchanges.
- Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers and stakeholders in the information systems function.
- Maintain database knowledge models and database knowledge model dictionaries, and monitors standards and data input procedures.
- Experience championing the usage of data in the corporate knowledge stores and communicates the benefits and return on investment for consumers, application and product owners.
- Show creativity in the designing or maintaining data representation models.
- Responsible for the definition and governance of the data model.
- Set standards for how data is to be represented in corporate databases.
- Identify and manage data model domain data stewards and conducts data modeling enabling activities including the development of the Logical Data Model, Data Dictionary, Physical Data Models, data format specifications, model releases, data harmonization and mapping across the data models, the modification of tools to support data modeling, and software application programming interfaces and converters to enable data model implementations.
- Work with data architects, system engineers, and database engineers to achieve requirements.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge in supporting as well as implementing and maintaining Oracle and SQL data infrastructures as well as No-SQL data infrastructures such as Neo4j.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in systems engineering and/or software engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Within the eight (8) years’ of work experience, two (2) years must be as a Data Modeler or Data Architect and two (2) years in the information assurance and/or cybersecurity field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional Data Modeler or Data Architect experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of overall experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience in systems and/or software engineering to six (6) years.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com