Systems Engineer (1108) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concepts of operations.
- Will be responsible for incorporating new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Develops technical documentation
- Develops system Architect
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a Systems Engineer in program and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Practical knowledge and experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of the following products is critical:
- VMWare – vCenter ESXi 6.5 & 6.7 – storage arrays; Horizon Thin Client, vSphere, vROps
- Linux – Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, CentOS 7&8, Puppet, SNMP, Netflow analyzers/data (configuration and management), Ability to join Linus hosts to a Windows domain, Samba share installation
- Cisco – Catalyst 3850 & Nexus 3000, NextGEN Firewall
- Windows – Active Directory (LDAP), distributed switching knowledge
- Compliance knowledge – NESSUS scans, user privileged access, role-based access, documentation
- This position would be an independent SE role, sitting with a group of intel analysts who put things on the closed network to see what’s going on. So you’d be controlling your own stand-alone network.
- Ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Ability to debug existing software and correct defects
- Must possess the knowledge to provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Ability to integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Knowledge to develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Ability to write or review software and system documentation
- Candidate will serve as a team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Ability to design or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Ability to assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Must have the skills to modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Candidate must be able to quickly ascertain a variety of network infrastructure issues in a blended (70% Windows & 30% UNIX) environment pertaining to service availability, latency, storage capacity, (mis)configurations, device hardware failures, and potential collateral damage associated with any hardware/software upgrades
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required paired with seven (7) years’ experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.