Systems Engineer (1109) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to become a Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concepts of operations.
- Will be responsible for incorporating new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Develops technical documentation
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Twenty (20) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Ability to analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Ability to analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Knowledge to guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Ability to provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Will be responsible for Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- In-depth knowledge of the development lifecycle of FPGA-based systems is required
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA) etc.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required paired with twenty (20) years’ experience. Five (5) years of additional Software Engineer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.