Systems Engineer (1144) | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology, Inc. seeks a cleared person holding a TS/SCI with poly security clearance to become a Systems Engineer in the Annapolis Junction, Maryland area. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- The contractor shall provide systems engineering in support to knowledge management systems, decision support systems (including posture reporting systems and risk management solutions), and analytic development for the Directorate of Operations mission support of Enterprise Discovery Operations (EDO) and Discovery and Tradecraft Orchestration (OTO).
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Works as part of a team with project managers and customers to fulfil requirements.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Develop system requirements, specifications, and design plans based upon engagement with stakeholders to effectively understand gaps and challenges in tools, systems, and tradecraft. Analyze stakeholder requirements and conduct feasibility studies.
- Develop, define, and document operational and support concepts.
- Provide engineering support to planning, integration, and testing support during the testing and evaluation of prototypes and systems to verify availability, quality and documentation conformance to the supportability requirements as outlined in the respective specifications.
- Prepare test plans, procedures, and reports; test and analyze results. The contractor shall develop and provide the government with a test plan for components prior to prototype or system delivery, as necessary. This test plan shall capture requirements and be approved by the COR prior to delivery.
- Integrate engineering specialties into the systems development process, when required. Specialty engineering shall include reliability, supportability, human factors, safety, and security engineering.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have the ability to develop technical documentation.
- Must have the ability to develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Must have the knowledge and skill required to provide support for troubleshooting of system failures and malfunctions.
- Must have the knowledge to guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Must have the ability to analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
Twenty (20) years experience paired with a Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or University is required. Five years of additional System Engineering experience may be substituted for a degree (this would add to a total of 25 years’ experience in lieu of a degree).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI with poly security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.