Information Technology | Annapolis Junction , MD , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a talented DevOps Systems Engineer to support us in Annapolis Junction, MD. We have awesome benefits, competitive salaries, and a culture unlike any other company. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Assist development teams through the various stages of the system & software development lifecycle as well as collaborating with the government customer to define requirements, priorities, and strategic plans to achieve organizational objectives.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Five (5) years direct experience with intelligence community or signals intelligence activity
- Ten (10) years experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 or Client’s Way process structure
- Four (4) years experience in reengineering.
- Four (4) years experience in performing system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation and performance requirements are achieved.
- Four (4) years experience in System performance analysis.
- Four (4) years experience in leading analysis of system requirements and components.
- Four (4) years experience in leading systems definition, trade-off and design activities.
- Seven (7) years experience in developing system architecture and design including: Software, Hardware, Communications, Interface requirements.
- Seven (7) years experience developing documentation required in support of both technical and training requirements.
- Twelve (12) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Eight (8) years experience providing technical direction for the development, engineering, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
- Twenty (20) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and Flink
- General SE experience to include: requirement derivation & traceability, interface specification, system design, system testing, system integration and customer sell off
- Experience being able to compare and contrast performance, scalability, maintainability, availability, security and compliance of database technologies
- Experience in application development/migration in cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types (e.g., ASDF, BLOODYMARY, TCLD…), protocols and policies.
- Agile development methodologies and experience with JIRA
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas and strategic plans at a low enough level to ensure developers understand specifically what they are building as well as being able to rollup ideas at a higher level to effectively communicate with customer leadership.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Five (5) years experience in developing strategic and implementation plans for large-scale information systems. (Large-scale information system is defined as having at least one of the following characteristics: Over 1000 users; Over 100 sensors; Over 1000 entities in the information model as represented by an Entity Relationship diagram or UML; or over 20 distinct physical subsystems.
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in the Agile Scrum methodology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc). and 20 years of experience. Or, additional four (4) years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Requires TS/SCI clearance with Poly.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com