Systems Engineer | Sierra Vista, 85635, Sierra Vista, AZ, US
Zapata Technology is seeking a System Engineer in Ft. Huachuca, AZ to provide system and software support in administration, server support, policy and documentation; and compliance areas.. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Report on the system FSE's compliance with the DCGS-A vulnerability management process that includes the systematic identification and mitigation of software and hardware vulnerabilities for each DCGS-A system under their control.
- Provide system and server support in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Advise the government/Unit on monitoring system performance, IA security, privacy requirements and system security configuration guidelines within the DCGS-A environment.
- Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain system IA requirements.
- Assist government personnel in identifying security program implications of new technologies or technology updates.
- Manage scanning schedules and POAM updates for systems. Ability to scan a system and update a POAM as required.
- Assist government personnel in developing system security configuration guidelines for DCGS-A.
- Report security violations and incidents through your site and region government IAM/IASO to the servicing RCERT in accordance with Section VIII, Incident and Intrusion Reporting.
- Assist the government in Information assurance process to maintain system accreditation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging Federal, Department of Defense (DoD), and Army requirements, policies, regulations, and trends.
- Collaborate effectively with the Customer, CECOM SEC and other project team leaders.
- Understand and apply sound Information Assurance principles and methodology to all work.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must be able to obtain passport as travel may occur.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments, and VMware
- Experience with scripting.
- Knowledge of RMF support.
- Knowledge of information vulnerabilities and trends.
- DOD 8570.01-M IAT LEVEL II certification required. Security + CE plus a computing environment certification. I.e. Windows Server 2012 R2, Redhat or any other operating system certification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work military experience is desired.
- 3 years of experience required
- 6 years of applicable experience can be substituted for degree
This position may require hours outside of the normal M-F, 9-5 core schedule to accommodate for mission and travel needs. Employees will be paid for all billable hours under our EWW (Extended Work Week) program. Work site location is Fort Huachuca, AZ.
This position requires travel 25%-50% of the time to various CONUS and OCONUS locations to support fixed and mobile sites. However, travel has been put on hold at this time due to COVID-19.
TS/SCI clearance required.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Others Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.