Information Technology | San Antonio , TX , US
Zapata Technology is seeking a TDY Support/Network Technician in San Antonio, TX. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and testing computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. The technician installs and configures computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Technician will consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, and workstation hardware and software
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system
- Recommend network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Install, configure and maintain network components
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services
- Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed
- Two or more years of Network Administration experience is required
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
Comptia Sec+ 8570 certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline with 3 years experience in performing similar or related work is required
- Or, additional 7 years of applicable experience may be substituted for degree
Requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com