Technical Writer (1197) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
- Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Write and edit technical documentation for all the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation.
- Create code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Work on all phases of documentation.
- Coordinate layout and design of documents.
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to prepare and maintain operation documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Gather technical information, prepares written text.
- Maintain a current internal documentation library.
- Proficient with multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Ability to prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Ability to interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies.
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products.
- Six (6) years of experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans