Test Engineer (1159) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
- Analyze system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results.
- Support the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports.
- Work with other test organizations to support T&E program integration.
- Provide specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned in the SOW.
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities(U) Plan and Execute Performance Analysis.
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support(U) Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning.
- Plan and Execute Performance Data Collection.
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points.
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans.
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities.
- Work directly with the Government sponsor to coordinate task implementation.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans.
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, & facilities.
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re conduct of the event, equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements.
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties.
- Plan program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test.
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to assist with any or all the Level 1 tasks as constrained by technical training and previous testing experience.
- Specify, validate, and adapt Modeling and Simulation for T&E use.
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, develop, & use analysis tools.
- Must be able to execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks.
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes.
- Must be able to assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Ability to coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning.
- Must be able to assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E.
- Ability to produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E crosswalk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports).
- Must be able to execute Testing and Data Collection per plan.
- Ability to define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 tasks to the Level 0 and Level 1 TEs assigned to the task
- Able to recommend draft plans and reports from the Level 1 tasks for approval by the task leader.
- Knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest.
- Five (5) years of experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of experience testing in testing CNO environment.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans