UC-VoIP Technician (342) | Washington, 20032, Washington, DC, US
Referral Eligible (more info can be found here):
Zapata Technology is seeking a UC/VoIP Technician in Washington, D.C. This person must be a talented CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager) VOIP Administrator. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Provide all voice over IP networks and some Video Teleconferencing within the Enterprise
- Supporting 24 X 7 NOC (Network Operations Center).
- Research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
- Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Provides training and technical guidance to lower tier employees
- Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by management
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related issues according to standard operating procedures
- Assist in the development of the training, local guides, Rules of Engagement (ROE) policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as they pertain to the Unified Communications environment
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and IT environment specified within the task order.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Responsibilities include Tier II / TIer III resolution and customer support for all managed network
NOC is 24×7 shift work; to include weekends and holiday for all employees:
Day Shift: 6am – 2:30pm (Current Need)
Swing Shift: 2pm – 10:30pm
Mid Shift: 10:30pm – 6am
Musrt be willing to fill in during other shifts occasionally .
- Must understand the Tandberg Management System-Licensing of devices and servers (VOIP and DVTC)
- Ability to troubleshoot common VOIP & VTC issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles
- Experience analog gateways
- Must possess understanding of TCP/IP, H323, E164 and SIP protocols
A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline with 5 years of experience in performing similar or related work is required.
Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.