User Experience Designer (1167) | Fort Meade, 20755, Fort Meade, MD, US
- Responsible for leading the plan, design, and development activities to create the user experience for devices, tools, and systems.
- Responsible for establishing interactive conventions, assisting in gathering user requirements, mocking-up user experiences, participating in trade-off discussions with development teams and subject matter experts, analyzing tool sets, creating screen mock-ups, and helping customers to imagine new kinds of interactive techniques and technologies.
- Applies visualization and screen design expertise to create a successful user experience.
- Create final visual designs, storyboards, interaction flows, and interface guidelines.
- Leading project life cycle design including interviewing customers, clearly articulating customer requirements to design team, creating visual designs/prototypes, presenting information to customers, and helping solve and clarify questions and problems.
- Manage several diverse engineering teams in conducting User Experience research and optimization.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Understands and operates in an agile development environment requiring the delivery of User Experience feedback on a weekly basis.
- Ability to conduct User Experience research and optimization.
- Take a user-centered approach in crafting design solutions that meet both user needs and product strategy requirements.
- Must work with Product Owners to rapidly prototype and iterate on multiple design solutions.
- Review final implementation with front-end developers to ensure design standards are followed.
- Ability to work across teams and communicate effectively with stakeholders within various customer bases to provide inspiration and constructive feedback to other Designers.
- Ten (10) years of experience in User Experience Design. Five years' experience within the last 10 years of experience leading project life cycle design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional User Experience Design experience on projects with similar design may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of experience with screen mock-up tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Axure) and related industry tools used to create visual displays and prototypes.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Use of standard office equipment such as scanners and printers, phones, and laptops.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position
Clearance Requirement and Background screening:
Employment is contingent on maintaining the required TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
Zapata Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AAP/EEO Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans