Information Technology | Arnold , MO , US
Zapata Technology is looking for VMware ESXi Systems Engineer to design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Plan upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and conduct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and remote site activities.
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
- Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment.
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards.
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment.
- Support diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft Windows and Linux O/S systems.
- Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance.
- Support off-hours maintenance activities.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts.
- Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the ITEMS DCS baseline capabilities, design and objectives.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing vROPS and/or Log Insight in a production environment, to include developing policies and custom dashboards.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the current industry hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more relevant technologies
- VMware ESX 6.0/6.5/6.7
- VMware vROPS 6
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Unix/Linux familiarity
- Windows 7/8/10
- TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO
- A candidate should have current VMware and/or Cisco UCS experience in their current job or within the last 2 years , with VMware and/or UCS certification preferred, but not required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
- Cisco UCS Cloud Platform
- VMware NSX
- Experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
- Remedy Experience a plus
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related systems engineering experience.
Requires TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com