Software Engineer | Annapolis Junction, 20701, Annapolis Junction, Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Zapata Technology is seeking a is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. The qualified candidate will oversee one or more software development teams and ensure that work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
The Software Engineer must have experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints
- Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers
- Analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes
- Investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement simple and complex database or data repository interfaces and queries
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and requires fourteen years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
Requires TS clearance with Polygraph
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator.